Research Advisory Committee
OpenSky’s Research Advisory Committee is composed of experts from throughout the state who help provide input and insight into our research. Committee members are:
- Dr. Doug Christensen, Practicing Professor in Educational Leadership at Doane University and Emeritus State Commissioner of Education;
- Kim Conroy, former Nebraska Tax Commissioner;
- Dr. Carol Ebdon, Regents/Foundation Professor at the University of Nebraska Omaha School of Public Administration;
- Mark Intermill, Advocacy Director at AARP Nebraska;
- Dr. Iheoma Iruka, Director of Research and Evaluation at the Buffett Early Childhood Institute at the University of Nebraska.
- Dr. Bruce Johnson, Professor Emeritus of Agricultural Economics at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln;
- Don Leuenberger, Special Assistant for Strategic Initiatives at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, former Nebraska Budget Director, and Nebraska Tax Commissioner;
- Dr. Craig Maher, MPA Program Director and Professor of Public Administration, University of Nebraska Omaha College of Public Affairs and Community Service; and
- Dr. Eric Thompson, W.W. Marshall Associate Professor of Economics, Director of the Bureau of Business Research, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Committee members provide input on OpenSky research projects, ensure our work is firmly grounded and up-to-date with the best available existing research, assist in refining of research questions and identify information gaps and opportunities for OpenSky to add value.