Fiscal Policy Analyst
OpenSky Policy Institute seeks a Fiscal Policy Analyst to conduct research and analysis on various issues, including, but not limited to, state and local revenue systems; state and local budgets and the impact on various populations; education finance; tax and budget processes; economic security issues; trends in jobs, wages, and family income; economic and demographic trends; and economic development.
OpenSky is a nonpartisan think tank that provides independent research and analysis of state fiscal and economic policy issues in Nebraska. OpenSky’s mission is to improve opportunities for every Nebraskan by providing impartial and precise research, analysis, education and leadership. We embrace an “all hands on deck” work environment where collaboration is not just encouraged but is critical to success.
- An advanced degree in public policy, economics, or related field.
- Strong quantitative research skills and experience.
- Experience in policy analysis or research, including familiarity with state and federal data sources.
- Knowledge of tax and budget policy issues and procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of research methodology.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to convey technical information clearly.
- Interest in tax and budget policy and commitment to the organization’s mission.
- Conduct research and analysis of fiscal and economic data.
- Conduct comprehensive analyses of the state budget, revenue, and education finance systems and policies.
- Collect and update data on state, local, and federal government revenues.
- Assist in drafting research reports, white papers, background memos, and legislative testimony on issues relevant to state fiscal policy.
- Build and maintain relationships with researchers and experts in fiscal policy and coordinate OpenSky’s Research Advisory Committee.
- Identify new research and analysis opportunities for the organization.
REPORTS TO: Policy Director
BASED IN: OpenSky Policy Institute is based in Lincoln, NE. Nebraska residents are preferred, but we are willing to consider other arrangements for the successful applicant.
SALARY and BENEFITS: Salary is commensurate with experience, education, and ability. OpenSky also provides generous benefits including health care, vacation, and a retirement plan.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and recent salary history to Toni Roberts at email@example.com with a subject line of: “Fiscal Policy Analyst Position.” Job will be posted until filled.
OpenSky Policy Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.