Thanks to everyone who attended Thursday’s Fall Policy Symposium! We hope you found the event as informative and enlightening as we did. The following documents from the symposium are now available for download:
- The slide presentation, which includes a presentation by UNO’s Jerry Deichert on demographic changes in Nebraska and Good Jobs First Director Greg LeRoy’s keynote presentation on business incentives.
- A Good Jobs First list of state and regional policy resources regarding business incentives.
- A Good Jobs First document about a new Governmental Accountability Standards Board protocol that will help facilitate new data about the impact of business incentives on local government revenues.
- A 2015 Legislative Fiscal Office report on school spending in Nebraska. The report was referenced by former Sen. Bob Wickersham in a discussion of past property tax reform efforts in Nebraska. The report explains how factors like demographic changes and fixed costs contribute to Nebraska’s per-pupil spending on K-12 education.
- A list of major tax changes passed by Nebraska lawmakers between 2006 and 2015. The list was referenced by multiple senators during a panel discussion on demographic changes.
A larger recap of the symposium will be published soon.