Legislative Alumni Advisory Committee
OpenSky’s Legislative Alumni Advisory Committee is a group of former state senators who help ensure OpenSky develops “value-added” data on budget and tax policy that meets the information needs of Nebraskans. Current Legislative Alumni Advisory Committee members are:
- Annette Dubas of Fullerton, who represented District 34 from 2007 to 2015 and served as chair of the Transportation and Telecommunications Committee;
- Kathy Campbell of Lincoln, who represented District 25 from 2009 to 2017 and served as chair of the Health and Human Services Committee;
- Steve Lathrop of Omaha, who represented District 12 from 2007 to 2015 and served as chair of the Business and Labor Committee;
- Vickie McDonald of Lincoln, who represented cities such as Ord, St. Paul and Albion from 2001 to 2009 as the legislator from District 41 and served as chair of the General Affairs Committee;
- Dr. Joel Johnson of Kearney, who represented District 37 from 2002 to 2009 and served as the chair of the Health and Human Services Committee; and
- Dr. John Harms of Scottsbluff, who represented District 48 from 2007 to 2015 and served as chair of the Legislature’s Planning Committee and the Legislative Performance Audit Committee.
Members of the Advisory Committee provide feedback on OpenSky research projects, review and provide input on OpenSky policy priorities, and make suggestions about current and future research activities. Their perspective and experience helps provide historical context to OpenSky’s work on budget and tax policy and broaden our connections to stakeholders across the state.